Information for employees of the university
The possibilities of the home office must be discussed individually according to the personal work tasks. There are relevancies and dependencies on the respective task area and access authorization.
Restrictions arise, for example:
- from a data protection point of view
- from a data security point of view
- from an organizational point of view
Please discuss with your supervisor and your system administrator which options you can use.
Your workplace PC
Desktop PC and service laptop with Direct Access
The employees of the university are provided with a PC, which is technically maintained by the computer center. This is usually in desktop PC. This PC can only be accessed from outside the university in special exceptional cases, taking into account various technical, legal and organizational circumstances. The technical requirements for this have been under construction for some time, details will be published here in due course.
If you are provided with a laptop as your workstation PC by the university, it is possible for you to configure this laptop as a so-called *Direct Access* laptop. On a laptop configured in this way, you have no authorization to administer the device, but you can use this laptop at all locations with suitable Internet access as if you were on the university network at your usual workstation. There are, of course, some security restrictions, but these must be clarified on a case-by-case basis.
If you are interested in using a workstation configured in this way, please contact your system administrator.
If you are working on a normal desktop PC, this option does not exist. If you want to change this, talk to the responsible system administrator.
Home office with Windows Direct Access
You can be provided with a laptop with Direct Access access by the system administrator.
- This device is then your only work device
- You use this device inside and outside the university network with the same range of functions
- You do NOT have administrator privileges on this laptop
- Please talk to the system administrator of your department
As an instructor in courses created for you, you can access the eLearning environments as usual:
additionally you are enrolled in an LMS course room "Onlinelehre Hochschule Neubrandenburg". In this course you will receive detailed information about the possibilities of the now increasingly used online teaching
If you have any questions, please write directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing drives and data
To access drives, i.e. your personal home drive and shared project drives use our cloud system:
More information and instructions at:
For requests regarding special shares on boards or project directories please use the ticket system
Virtual desktops for the use of application software
For the use of special software, your system administrator can prepare a virtual desktop for you. You can access this virtual desktop via a client program.
- The access to these resources is a special case, if you want to use this service, please talk to your system administrator.
- Example for the application are the use of Mathlab in the department LG and of MaxQDA in the department SBE
- the instructions for use are currently being worked out.
For free working groups - group and team communication
HumHub is a free and very flexible social networking and online collaboration software hosted on a university server. Use your university account to log in.
E-Mail and Webmail
All information about using the university email service can be found here:
There are 2 types of conference calls at the university
- Adhoc conference:
Directly from the office phone with up to 3 other parties on the call.
please refer to the instructions of the telephone
- Extended conference:
with up to 25 participants with conference dial-in numbers instructions in the ticket system.
The function can also be used outside the university after setting it up in the self-help portal.
There are 2 types of conference calls at the university
- directly from the office phone with up to 3 additional participants (please refer to the instructions in the phone)
- with up to 25 participants with conference dial-in numbers (instructions in the ticket)
Web and video conferences
For web and video conferencing, Adobe Connect of the DFN or Cisco Webex are available.
- You can basically access the services via the university's e-learning system
- You can create an Adobe Connect session or a Webex session as a new learning activity and then use it.
- Please note that additional software may need to be installed on your computer in order to use it
- Please note that in the current situation, you may experience disruptions due to system overload.
- (Webex) We provide separate support for committee work, i.e. work without an e-learning course. Please use the ticket system to get a personal access to the system.en
- (Webex) Participation by telephone is possible. The phone number for dial-in will be displayed after the conference has been created.
9 helpful tips for the home office
1️⃣ Keep the work routine and get up at the same time every day.
2️⃣ Set up a fixed workstation, separate from rooms where you relax.
3️⃣ Take breaks varied, for example with sports exercises.
4️⃣ Regularly call colleagues to avoid feeling isolated.
5️⃣ Design the workplace ergonomically to prevent back problems.
6️⃣ Meet colleagues digitally for breaks, for social interaction.
7️⃣ Wear work clothes instead of sweatpants.
8️⃣ Banish distracting factors such as the TV from the study.
9️⃣ Clearly communicate working hours and days with colleagues.
Technical assistance and support
For technical inquiries please use our ticket system
In eLearning you have a direct support menu button, including a request for a new course room