password policy inside the university
A password policy is active for the university account. This password policy states 2 important points:
all university account users must change their password the first time they log in.
The password chosen must meet the security requirements.
For security requirements for passwords, see Help & Support > Security Information.
General information on the password structure
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, but must not exceed 12 characters.
Passwords must contain characters from three of the four following categories:
Upper case letters from A to Z (no Ä Ö Ü)
Lower case letters from a to z (no ä ö ü ß)
digits from 0 to 9
other characters, examples are: - # = . ! - _ + * ( )
DO NOT use the following special characters: $ " ' §°^ß
The password must not consist
- from the login name (also not backwards, capitalised, double, etc.)
- from the first or last name in any form, from the date of birth, nicknames.
- General: Not from information directly related to the person, such as telephone number, ID card number, car number, house number, place of residence, street, etc.
- from similar or consecutive numbers or letters.
- Umlauts and special characters such as § $ " ' ° ^ ß may not be used.