If you do not find enough references available in the inventory of the library we recommend you to perform a database search (look DBIS). You will often find it possible to download the electronic document directly. However, more often you will find only the bibliographic information of the relevant literature fitting the subject. In this case, you should remember and research them in the local catalogue. In addition, you can use the inter-library-loan.
Before you start your search for an interlibrary loan,
you should always first of all consult the local catalogue of Neubrandenburg University of Applied Science’s library to find out whether the requested reference is available on site (either as a hard copy or as an electronic copy).
Person to contact for ILL
Researching and ordering process:
You can receive literature from different library’s all over Germany via the union catalogue (GVK).
You can use the KVK for international research. International inter-library loan is available, please ask an employee at the information desk.
How to request inter-library-loan?
If you cannot find a particular medium in our inventory, look for it in the union catalogue GVK. You then have the chance to place an order for an inter-library loan, and the medium will be sent to the university library by a different library. You will receive an e-mail once the inter-library loan has arrived.
If you intend to request a book, please use the function of the inter-library-loan. If you intend to request separate chapters, newspaper articles or an essay please use the copy request.
Open the heading notification and read the information carefully. We can only order printed books, currently there is no possibility to request eBooks via inter-library loan.
Info: Newspapers are not available via loan request. You have, however, the chance to request a copy of the article or the essay. For more information, look further down.
You can see the list view of the providing libraries underneath the title. You do not need to select a library from this list.
Click on to Loan Request and fill in the order. Your personnel data has already been entered.
The inter-library loan will always be sent to the University of Applied Science’s library. Under “remark”, you can request a reservation, increasing the chance of success of the delivery.
Right at the bottom, once again enter your password and trigger the order.
If there is no button with “Loan Request”, first, check to see if a different edition of the book is available. Our Tip: Type in (over all words [ALL]) 1-2 keywords (title) and the surname (author, publisher).
As an alternative, you can check if a copy order is possible. Screen the index of contents of the medium and order the chosen pages as a copy. Same counts for E-Books (choose the printed edition) or newspapers.
Please check: Are there other editions available in the union catalogue or is there an E-Book available in the inventory of the University of Applied Science’s library?
See: next step
...if the document is available in the University of Applied Sciences’ library.
- In order to use the inter-library loan service, you must join the library.
- Send us an application for a password via the relevant web form on our homepage.
- You need your e-mail address and the library number (see your library card or student card).
- Send the web form off, and you will receive all the information you need to join by e-mail.
- Please note: inter-library loan orders cost €1.50 for non-university members. Orders from abroad cost €2.50 each, for everyone.
You can check out the processing status of your orders at any time in your inter-library loan account in the GVK-PLUS / GBV.
The delivery times can vary – most intra-library loans can be collected after 1-4 weeks.
The delivery is sent to the library and not directly to you. You can collect your inter-library loans from the service counter by presenting your student card or your library card.
- Journal essays and excerpts from books are delivered as copies.
- Communicate the delivery status via the intra-library loan account in the GVK-PLUS / GVK and then follow it up at the service counter.
- You can then keep the copies.
- Books are loaned in their original form.
- You will be notified by e-mail by us.
- You can find information about the delivery in your user account.
- It is always the lending library which determines the loan period (generally four weeks) and loan conditions (e.g. may only be used on the library premises).
It is not possible to extend the loan period.
A chargeable reminder will be sent for any reference works not returned on time.
Please note that the coupon and the data carrier enclosed in the book stay in the book until it has been returned. We need them for processing the return of the book. A charge of €2.50 is payable in the case of loss of or damage to the data carrier.
- Gebührenordnung (Scale of charges)