Search Techniques and Inter-Library Loan
Searching for Literature? We will be glad to help!
Our training courses provide you with individual options.
Beginners: Library use
General Introduction to Using the Library
- Courses for freshers, the dates are set after consultation with the subject areas.
- Training courses for non-members of the University (only available during the non-teaching periods), max. 15 participants, dates must be arranged with Ms. Olsowski
- Training courses for international students are arranged together with the International Office (IO)
- As part of the cooperation agreements between the University and local schools, tours of the Library can be arranged for school pupils in the non-teaching periods, contact details available on the pupil portal
Advanced: Fit for research
Searching for sources in databases and ordering literature via interlibrary loan
These courses answer questions such as:
- How can I find literature on my topic, e.g. bachelor’s or master’s dissertations?
- Which literature databases can be used for my subject and how can they be used?
- How can I access literature that is not available on site (interlibrary loans)?
- How can I work with licensed eMedia?
- What do I need to pay attention to when archiving and publishing student dissertations?
Certificate of attendance Will be issued on request, please ask.
1. Training course for groups (during the lecture period):
- Monthly offer from the university library: "Fit für die Recherche"
*** Registration: See Dates on the homepage ***
- Book training for groups:
Possible for university students and groups from further education institutions or schools, the registration is binding and takes place in consultation with the lecturers.
2. Individual Training Courses for Students:
- Training courses can be arranged quickly from 3 participants. Please ask!