(DE) Greifen Sie auf exklusive Inhalte der HS Neubrandenburg zu und erfahren Sie mehr über Ihre nächste Karrieremöglichkeit.

+10 000 freie Stellen und Praktika für junge Talente.

+150 Online- und Präsenzveranstaltungen.

Zugeschnitte Inhalte und Tipps.


(EN) Access exclusive content from HS Neubrandenburg and learn more about your next career opportunity.

+10,000 vacancies and internships for young talent.

+150 online and face-to-face events.

Tailored content and tips.

Relevante Informationen / Relevant Information

EU Citizens+Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
  • You benefit from what is known as freedom of movement for workers.
  • You do not require a work permit to work in Germany.
Non-EU Citizens
  • If you hold a residence permit based on Section 16b of the Residence Act, you may work 120 full days or 240 half-days per year in addition to studying (Section 16b (3) of the German Residence Act). The period of one year is based on one calendar year (January to December).

  • It is advisable to note down exactly how many hours you work and on which days. This is important as proof for yourself, for a potential employer and for the Foreigners’ Authority.

  • All working days in excess of the rule on 120 days/240 half-days must be approved in advance by your local Foreigners’ Authority.

Please also note:

  • Voluntary internships are also subject to the rule on 120 days/240 half-days, even if they are unpaid.

  • Mandatory internships are not subject to the rule on 120 days/240 half-days because they are part of your degree programme.

  • Work performed as an undergraduate assistant (studentische Hilfskraft) does not count towards the 120 days/240 half-days if the work is for a university or an institution with a link to a university, provided that you do not work so much that it jeopardises your studies. In any case, please speak to the Foreigners’ Authority about any such job.

Exceptions: the rule on 120 days/240 half-days excludes holders of residence permits for the purpose of:

  • applying for a course of study under Section 16b (1) of the German Residence Act;
  • measures in preparation for studies, such as a preparatory course (Studienkolleg) or language courses, during the first year. If you hold such a residence permit, you are not allowed to work.

Please read your residence permit carefully. If you are unsure how many days you are (still) allowed to work, please contact your local Foreigners’ Authority.



If you wish to stay in Germany after graduation, you must apply for an extension of your residence permit at the Foreigners’ Authority responsible for your place of residence.

Residence permit for seeking work:

  • As a graduate of a German university, you may apply for a residence permit to look for work, which can be issued for a maximum of 18 months. This extended residence permit should help you seek a job that is “commensurate with your qualification”, i.e. a job that corresponds to your qualifications and your degree.

  • A residence permit for seeking work includes an unrestricted work permit, which means that you can also work in an unqualified job, for example as a temporary worker in a restaurant. The intention is that you can finance yourself while you look for a job.

  • The maximum validity period of 18 months begins on the date on which you are notified in writing that you have successfully completed your studies.

  • Please note that in addition to your degree, you will need to present other documents to obtain a residence permit for seeking work, e.g. proof of sufficient living space, health insurance and a minimum income.

  • It is recommended that you visit your local Foreigners’ Authority as soon as possible after the announcement of your examination results.

EU Blue Card under Section 18b (2) of the German Residence Act

In August 2012, the EU Blue Card was introduced in Germany to promote the immigration of skilled foreign workers throughout Europe. International graduates of German universities can also apply for an EU Blue Card if they meet and can prove all of the following requirements:

  • German higher education qualification

  • draft employment contract or specific job offer related to the higher education course/qualification (“commensurate job”)

  • minimum gross income: 55,200 euros per year (2020)*

  • for so-called shortage occupations, especially natural scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT specialists: 43,056 euros per year (2020).*

* Please note that the salary limits are adjusted annually.

Benefits of the EU Blue Card:

  • It is valid for a maximum of four years when first issued.

  • A permanent settlement permit (unlimited work and residence permit) can already be issued after 21 months, subject to proof of German language skills at B1 level.

  • Holders may leave Germany for up to twelve months without losing their status.

  • Holders may move to another EU country after 18 months (except the UK, Ireland, Denmark) and can benefit from accelerated and simplified conditions when applying for a new national EU Blue Card.


Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences now offers you a new free career platform: JobTeaser.

What can JobTeaser do?

JobTeaser is available in nine languages and meets the needs of students and companies/organisations/recruiters alike:

- Students can search specifically for vacancies, internships or theses. Companies/institutions publish and manage job offers exclusively for students of Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences, directly as well as autonomously from your personal admin area.

- Students can find out about events, contact companies directly and even send their own CVs in a straightforward manner. It's fast and uncomplicated.

What is our goal?

We want to support you in making the path from your studies to professional life as easy as possible. Get in touch with potential employers early on and find the right job for you.

Create your own account in just a few minutes and then browse directly for suitable offers.

We work closely with various regional partners to offer you perspectives here on site.

And please bear with us: we are gradually expanding the portal so that you will always find a variety of offers.


      Weitere Plattformen zur Jobsuche / More Job Search Platforms

      Weitere Plattformen zur Jobsuche / More Job Search Platforms

      Here are other Job Searchers:



      Praktikum and First Job In- und Ausland





      Regionale Stellenportale

      Stellenportale (allgemein)


      Tipps für einen gesunden Start ins Berufsleben + Checklist / Tips for a healthy start to working life + checklist

      Tipps für einen gesunden Start ins Berufsleben + Checklist / Tips for a healthy start to working life + checklist

      Top health in the working world!

      The transition from university to professional life is difficult for many at first. Stress and strain often lead to physical and psychological complaints. We can help you with our tips to make your everyday work life easier. We also have a checklist that will prepare you optimally for your professional life. (In German)

      Mehrsprachiger Brutto-Netto-Gehaltsrechner / Multilingual German Salary Calculator

      Mehrsprachiger Brutto-Netto-Gehaltsrechner / Multilingual German Salary Calculator


      (EN) Multilingual German Salary Calculator

      The German income tax system explained easily

      Calculating net salary from gross salary is not easy in Germany. This is because there is no flat rate for taxes and social security contributions. They are determined by factors such as the amount of your income and your tax bracket. offers an online gross-net salary calculator that helps you understand what is deducted from your gross salary and gives you an accurate picture of your net salary after deducting taxes and social security contributions.

      This tool is available in several languages and can be accessed from any smartphone.



      (DE) Mehrsprachiger Brutto-Netto-Gehaltsrechner

      Das deutsche Einkommensteuersystem leicht erklärt

      Die Berechnung des Nettogehalts aus dem Bruttogehalt ist in Deutschland sehr komplex. Das liegt daran, dass es keinen Pauschalsatz für Steuern und Sozialabgaben gibt. Sie werden von Faktoren wie der Höhe Ihres Einkommens und Ihrer Steuerklasse bestimmt. bietet einen Online-Brutto-Netto-Gehaltsrechner, der Ihnen hilft, zu verstehen, was von Ihrem Bruttogehalt abgezogen wird, und Ihnen ein genaues Bild Ihres Nettogehalts nach Abzug von Steuern und Sozialversicherungsbeiträgen vermittelt.

      Dieses Tool ist in verschiedenen Sprachen verfügbar und kann über jedes Smartphone aufgerufen werden.


      Informationen zum Arbeits- und Aufenthaltsrecht / Information on labour and residence law

      Informationen zum Arbeits- und Aufenthaltsrecht / Information on labour and residence law

      Use these pages to find out about the right of work and residence in Germany:

      We will be happy to hand out further information brochures to you personally on request.

      Deutsch Sprachkurse / German language courses

      Deutsch Sprachkurse / German language courses

      Every semester, the Language Centre at Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences offers various language courses.

      Outside Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences, the following institutions offer language courses for German as a foreign language:

      Weitere Projekte in der HS NB für deinen Einstieg in die Arbeitswelt in Deutschland:

      Das ICC ist gefördert durch: